This website is owned and managed by Feix&Merlin Ltd a limited liability company incorporated in England and Wales. Registered under number 05898032 operating from Unit C2, Bussey Building, 133 Copeland Road, London, SE15 3SN and registered office at The Numbers Studio, Unit 3b, Gloucester House, 45 Gloucester Street, Brighton, East Sussex, England, BN1 4EW.
What data or information do we collect about you?
- How is your personal data collected?
- How will we use the information about you?
- What’s the purpose for which we will use your personal data?
- Marketing / Communications
- Disclosure of your personal data
- Data Security
- Data Retention
- Your Rights
- Third-party sites
- How to contact us
What data / information do we collect about you?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use and store different kinds of personal data about you. This includes:
- Identity Data:first name, last name and occupation.
- Contact Data:email address, telephone numbers, residential address
- Technical Data:internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, time zone setting and location.
- Usage Data:information about how you use and navigate our website.
- Marketing Data:your preferences in receiving newsletters and communication from us.
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions or information about criminal convictions and offences).
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, which include:
- Direct interactions: You may give us your identity and contact data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone or email. This includes personal data you provide when you subscribe to our newsletters, publications and events.
- Automated technologies or interactions:As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies. (Please see our cookie notice for further details).
- Third parties or publicly available sources.We receive personal data about you from third parties e.g. analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU.
How will we use the information about you?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third-party) and where your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
In point 4 we outline the types of lawful basis that we will rely on to process your personal data. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time, by contacting us using the details provided at the end of this notice or by clicking unsubscribe within any newsletters, publications or events which are circulated by us.
What’s the purpose for which we will use your personal data?
We have set out in the table below a description of the ways we use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are for using your data.
|Why we use your data
||What data we use
||Our legitimate interest
|Notifying you about enhancements to our services, such as changes to the website and new services that may be of interest to you
|• Identity data
• Contact data
• Marketing data
|To develop our services, to attract and retain users and to improve the overall user interaction and experience with our site
|Maintaining network and data security
|• Identity data
• Contact data
• Technical data
|To maintain the security of our network this in turns helps us to maintain the safety and confidentiality of your information.
|Marketing to inform you of events, publications and newsletters
||• Identity data
• Contact data
• Marketing data
|To attract and retain users and to improve the overall user interaction
|To use data analytics to improve our website, services, interaction, customer relationships and experiences.
||• Usage data
• Technical data
|To keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our communications strategy
Marketing / Communications
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours which may be of interest to you. You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from usand we aim to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around receiving marketing / communications from us. We have established the following personal data control mechanisms:
- Opting out:You can request us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us, at any time, using the details provided at the end of this notice.
Feix&Merlin will not share your information for marketing purposes with other companies, businesses or organisations.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table above:
- External Third Parties: Service providers acting as processors based in the United Kingdom who provide communication, IT and system administration services.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant agreement you hold with us.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all your personal information, please contact us using the details provided at the end of this notice.
The accuracy of your information is important to us and we want to make sure your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Our website contains links to third-party websites. Clicking on those links may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of the website you visit to ensure you are happy with how they handle your information.
How to contact us
133 Copeland Road
London SE15 3SN
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org